Monday, December 1, 2008

How can we create a conducive learning environment?

How can we create a conducive learning environment for our students?

Theae are some learning points which I drawed from our class lunch session:

1.Teacher will play a very important role in creating a conducive learning environment. A teacher is like a leader in an organization, she/he is the one to set the tone for her/his class. How creative she/he is? How friendly she/he is?... The character of the teacher will influence his students directly. It seems that what kind of teacher will have what kind of class. Do you agree with me?


2.Building the team, and create a sense of belonging for the students of the class.


3.Abolishing outworn concepts, striving to try new things. To bring new teaching concepts and methods into our daily lesson, try our best to create a new excited learning experience in our students' life.


4.Treat our students with respect, treat them well, treat them in the way we ourselves also want to be treated.


5.Build positive relationship with our students. Sometimes, the students learn not for subject matters, but for the teacher whom they like very much.


6.Seek balance between study and life, bring games into learning. Study hard and play hard. Game playing gathers people together. The people's true character will show in the game playing...

7.Create happy moments in our students' life...

These are some thoughts which I draw from our class lunch session. I feel that Dr. Quek is creating an unique learning experience in my life...

Teaching is about creating experience in one's life. This is what I learnt from this module. I will try my best to create a conducive learning environment for my students and creating some positive learning experience in their memory...

Thank you Dr. Quek for the learning experience she gave me...

No comments: