Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Lunch

It is lunch time, this reminds me the lunch time I spent with my course mates and our teacher Dr. Quek. I miss the lunch session, and I think each one of us will remember the time we spent with Dr. Quek. After completing this course, the lunch session will become the most remarkable moment in our memory...

We are all in one class, Here is where we belong...

I call our lunch time is our lunch session, because this is really a session, every one in Dr. Quek's class will have lunch together.

I remember in our first day lesson, when the lunch time was coming, I did not finish my work, I wanted to use the lunch time to finish the work and catch up some readings. I did ask Dr. Quek if I could remain in the classroom to finish my reading. I got an answer: “No!”

Okay, I had to follow the class...

We were really moving as a class, Dr. Quek was leading this group of teacher students to the lunch place. On the way, we would take the same lift; if some one went to the toilet, the whole group of us would wait for that person... it is just like what Brian wrote on his Blog. Yes, it was a little bit like kindergarten kids, but the feeling which belongs to one group is just nice! After some days moving around, Karen was even able to point out who is not here with us at a glance... Amazing, yah?


I will bring you to a new place next time...

Dr. Quek would bring us to a different place to have our lunch each every day. Whenever we finished our lunch, Dr. Quek would say: “I will bring you to a new place next time...”

For some places, even the teachers who graduated from NIE would not be very familiar with. It seemed that Dr. Quek was leading us to exploring the food courts in NIE and NTU. The new eating place brought some uncertain into our daily life, it made everybody excited. For me, even just sitting in a new nice place, looking around, it is already enough to make me happy... We are really looking forward to our lunch time every day...

Oh, Please... Do not treat us too nicely!

It is just like what Brian wrote on his Blog, Dr. Quek even bought drinks, snacks, and the whole fish for us. I remember when the first time I got her drinks, I even asked around "why does she buy this for us?"... Nobody knew the answer of this “stupid question”. As the treat going on, our hearts also become heavier and heavier... I just do not know how I can repay her back... Some times somebody treats you too nicely; you will feel a sense of uneasiness... I am really worried that I can not do well in my study and disappoint her... “I will do my best...” I said to her in my heart...

Come, Let's Play Games!

After our lunch, Dr. Quek brought us to a nice cosy lounge to play games!

Yuan Han joined the boys' group to play table football match. Some others formed the group to play chess, the rest of us were happy to sit comfortably to watch others playing.

Yuan Han was really good at playing table football match. I just wondered how she could handle the little toy boys to shoot the ball into the goal in one kick? It was really cool!

And this reminded me the old days...
“Hi, hello, play properly, okay? I only have this one coin... We have to make good use of it. We have to play longer...” This is another table football game played by my old colleagues. Why I can still remember this, even the words they said I can still remember very clearly...?

Some one thought that I had a good memory. Is that all about memory?
From Dr. Seng's class we learnt that the memory very much related to the person's emotion. “Emotionally charged events are remembered better”; “Pleasant emotions are usually remembered better than unpleasant ones”; “It's the emotional arousal, not the importance of the information, that helps memory”; “The stronger the emotions aroused, the greater the effect on memory"...

So this is all about emotion...


This is the journal which I wrote about our lunch session, what are the learning points I draw from the lunch time we spent with Dr. Quek, I will write the learning points and some my thoughts in my next journal...

No comments: