Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It Is A Happy Day!

Before the lesson started this morning, each one of us got a CD on the capture of our group presentations. I had never expected that I could get this... So it is really like a surprise gift for me...

Dr. Quek emphasized that we could not repeat the same teaching style in our daily lesson. Since the child learning style is different, we should present our knowledge in different ways...

She also introduced us some more internet environments. Using "google search", we typed in keyword "web 2.0 framework", so many logos appeared. I started to realize that there are quite a lot online learning environments out there... For most of the logos, I did not know them... I decided to try them out after I went back home...

Dr. Quek let us do case studies, and at the same time, we needed to use one online environment named "Google Docs" to complete our discussion powerpoint slides, and share it with friends...

I realized that there are a lot of online environments out there, but having one thing in common, they are all about connecting, and sharing... The internet creates a lot of platforms for people to use to communicate with each other, and share information, knowledge, thoughts... It is such a powerful tool for our learning, we should make good use of it, and introduce them to our students, let our students get benefits from it as well...

In the lesson, Dr. Quek talked about how to modify the instrument. Based on Moos' Scheme, the instruments share the same background, so we can pick various relevant items which we want to combine them together to form one set of instrument...

After lunch, Dr. Quek taught us how to read research paper, especially how to read the data analysis, the table, the number... and we had a hands on experience to use "SPSS" doing data analysis...

Since I am not a number person, and some new terms need to understand as well, so this part is quite tough for me. I tried very hard to figure out how to calculate the "Scale Mean", "Item Mean", "Reliability"...

The good laugh we got from Group 3 seemed lightened every body's day... Maybe this is the noisiest class we have, but this will be the best lesson I can remember...

I start to think that how we can create a conducive learning environment for our kids?

How we judge our classroom management? Discipline, we need! But what is the purpose of discipline? We want our kids to learn...

We need laughter! A lot of laughter! In a relaxing, enjoyable environment, our kids can learn even better!

As a teacher, how I can create this kind of moment to make our kids enjoy learning?

It is not easy, but I will try my best...

No comments: